Thursday, September 11, 2008
Week Three: The Hug Day After Math(The Freshman Experience)
Oh My GOODNESS!! I really think that Free Hug Day was a SUCCESS!! To start off while I was on my way out of my dorm this guy just stopped in the middle of the hallway and opened his arms and starred at me, and for a couple of seconds I forgot I had just put on my "Free Hugs" shirt then snapped and was like "ooh!" and gave him a big hug ! and then of course went out to give MORE Free Hugs ! Which then I had a mix of crazy enthusiastic hugs, to people giving me some really wierd looks, and some dirty ones (cough,cough Frat boys >:( , not like anyone was really going to come over to yall anyways )they needed the hugs the most CLEARLY lol! But anyways what I found to be the most heart warming was even though some people didn't want hugs you could tell it brightened there day just to see us doing that, I would watch people as they walked a way and right when they thought no one could really see them they would let the tiniest smile crawl on to there face ! And it was just so great to hear people say "thank you !" and know that they genuinely meant it ! Oh and one of my favorite people had to be that one man who was like "call me sugar bear" which was pretty creepy but i knew it wasn't meant that way since he was telling our entire class that. And today I'm pretty sure Kirsten and I had probably the best time because we stayed there for a good ten fifteen minutes after everyone left giving more hugs !! But the Highlight of my day was after my math class, I was feeling really tired and kinda bummed when this other guy in my dorm stopped me on my way in and said " I need a hug !, I haven't had a hug all DAY !!" and he gave me a big hug which hopefully made his day, because it really made mine, even though I had been giving them all morning it wasn't til that afternoon that I needed one, it couldn't have been any better timing !Oh and I'm really nervous about the whole Hurricane Ike thing because my home town of La Porte which is right in between Houston & Galveston is pretty much guaranteed to get hit, hard.so I'm praying that all my friends and my home ( which still has my room with all my stuff ) is safe!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment